Our Doors are Always Open!
Join us to visit Solomon Schechter Academy during Open House season in October and November 2023. Contact email@example.com to schedule an appointment for a guided tour of our Amiel Early Childhood Centre and Main Campus and discover how SSA can make a difference in the life of your child.
Applying to SSA for Kindergarten
- Kindergarten 2024: currently full; waitlist in effect.
- Kindergarten 2025: currently accepting applications.
Important Admissions Dates: Kindergarten 2025
- Application Deadline: November 24, 2023. All online applications must be completed and submitted to be considered for first round acceptances. Click HERE to apply. Please note that siblings of current Solomon Schechter Academy families are given priority acceptance.
- Official Acceptance: Week of December 4, 2023. Families who have applied to the Kindergarten class of 2025 will be notified of the status of their application. If no space is available, a child will automatically be placed on our waitlist.
- Intent to Enroll: January 12, 2024. In order for a family to secure their child's spot, they must confirm their intention to accept admission to Solomon Schechter Academy's Kindergarten class of 2025 by notifying firstname.lastname@example.org no later than this date.
Applying to SSA for Preschool
- Junior Pre-K & Pre-K 2024: currently accepting applications; limited spaces available.
- Junior Pre-K & Pre-K 2025: currently accepting applications.
Important Admissions Dates: Preschool 2024 and 2025
- Applications: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. Click HERE to apply. Please note that siblings of current Solomon Schechter Academy families are given priority acceptance. If no space is available, a child will automatically be placed on our waitlist.
- Official Acceptance: Families who have applied to preschool at Solomon Schechter Academy will be notified of the status of their application within two weeks following their visit.
- Intent to Enroll: In order for a family to secure their child's spot, they must confirm their intention to accept admission to Solomon Schechter Academy by notifying email@example.com no later than two weeks following their official acceptance.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an inclusive school, Solomon Schechter Academy welcomes students from the entire Montreal Jewish community and abroad. Our admissions process requires you to submit the following documents in your digital application form:
Your child’s original birth certificate showing names of both parents.
A copy of both parents’ passports.
Proof of residency (driver’s license, utility bill, etc).
To register for our English section, a copy of an eligible parent’s Certificate of Eligibility issued by the Ministry of Education, or a copy of an eligible parent’s birth certificate.
A $250 non-refundable fee (comprising a $ 50 application fee and a $200 enrolment fee), paid via Paypal.
A copy of the child’s most recent report card, if applying for Grades 1-6.
For more information, please contact our Coordinator of Admissions and Development, Jessica Lento, at (514) 485-0866 x519.
Tuition Rates 2023-2024
Junior Pre-K & Pre-K
Flex-Able Affordability Program
Our Flex-Able Affordability Program was created to ensure that all memebers of the Montreal Jewish community have access to an excellent education at Solomon Schechter Academy.
Solomon Schechter Academy is a part of the 65 Solomon Schechter Schools in North America. To be admitted to the Academy, students must meet the religious criteria established by either the Orthodox Movement, Conservative Movement, Reconstructionist Movement or Reform Movement, and the school’s Board of Directors. While the history of the school is based in the Jewish Conservative Movement, we admit Jewish students regardless of their religious affiliation.